Leaking doors

I have a 2005 Tucson that seems to collect water inside both driver side doors every time it rains. Over night I can get up tp a half cup of water draining from each door as soon as I open either door. I also notice water pooling on the sill. I have had the car in to the dealer numerous times and they have been unable to stop this from happenining. On one occasion, the service manager found water collecting inside the door speakers. He "engineered" a cover to prevent this from reoccuring (I hope). Hyundai has sent in the district manager to oversee the situation, and his opinion is "there is no problem". I find this hard to believe. Is there any acid test for how much water is too much? Where would I go for a knowledgeable and unbiased opinion? Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
DET

The problem isn't so much that water is getting into the doors as it is that the water isn't draining out of the doors. If you open a door and look at the bottom, you'll see holes made into the door. The doors are designed for the water to run through them and out the holes in the bottom. You'll need to make sure nothing is blocking these holes.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks Hyundaitech,

I know about the drain holes in the bottom of car doors, but I am concerned about the AMOUNT of water that gets in (1/3 to 1/2 cup overnight). I'm also concerned with water that collects on the door sill while the car is sitting. At one point, while Hyundai was trying to "correct" the problem, they discovered water pouring out of the door SPEAKERS. I don't think that's normal, is it? They addressed the speaker issue by engineering covers that they sealed over the speakers. The dealership has changed gaskets, modified clips, added and rerouted vapor barriers inside the doors --to no avail. The final straw for me is Hyundai's latest assessment of the situation. It seems that Hyundai now believes the situation is normal. I guess the fact they can't FIX the problem means there IS no problem. If this is so, why does the other side of the vehicle not demonstrate the same symptoms? There are no similar leaks or blockages on the passenger side.

I think Hyundai is hoping I will just go away. That's why I would like to consult with a knowledgeable, unbiased professional who has no vested interest in this issue. I don't want to discredit Hyundai; I just want to be assured that I'm getting the straight goods. There are too many inconsistencies for me to feel that way at this point.

Thanks for your help

Reply to
DET