Insurance with Hartford

Anybody had experience with the Hartford Insurance for autos? My AAA premium is due, and it is nearly $1000 on a 2001 Elantra, Hartford quoted $845 for the same
coverage. Would like to know how they are for paying claims.

I've had them for about 10 years now. Only one claim for a windshield. Broken the day before leaving on vacation at 8:00AM, called my agent, repaired by 3:00 PM.

As long as you don't get Titan, Progressive, Geico, Victoria or any subsidiary therein, your ok.

I called their quote line and asked for a quote on 2003 Sonata Xl and my Chevy Tahoe 1989. They quoted me $300 more than my AAA insurance policy. When I told the sales person my annual premium she stated that she couldn't match it. They sent me a clock!
I've had Hartford on my cars for 10 years or so. No claims, knock on wood.
Some issues: they don't have 24/7 customer service. You can report a claim any time, but there's nobody to call after hours when you realize the coverage they faxed at 5:00PM on Friday is wrong.
I have had issues with the phone CSRs messing up my VIN and defaulting to minimum coverage limits without ever asking me about it -make sure they don't do that to you just to give you a lower price. Perhaps an agent you go see would not do those things as easily as one on the phone. That can happen with any insurance company phone CSRs.
I have the suspicion I am paying Hartford too much $$$, around $1700/year for my 06 Sonata, but I have not yet shopped around to see if I can get a better price.
irwell wrote:

16g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:

I can't speak about Hartford, but I have New Jersey Manufacturers insurance (I think they only cover NJ and parts of PA). I live in NJ, which is one of the, if not the, most expensive state for car insurance, and I pay $1500/year for a 2007 Entourage, 2006 Sonata (both with full coverage) and a 1988 Chevy P/U (liability only). And at the end of the year I get a dividend check that averages between $200-$300/year, meaning my net cost is $1200-$1300 year. I think you are paying WAY too much unless you live in a very large city or have a bad driving record.
Eric

Rates depend on a lot of factors but in my area, that would be very high. I pay about $1600 for two cars, an 07 Sonata and an 01 LeSabre