Intermittent Brake/Charging Light, Sonata

I have a 2001 Sonata and both the brake and charging light turn on and off together intermittently (every few minutes). When it happens I hear a small click (almost like a turning signal sound, but only once and much fainter).

Also, if I do actually turn the parking brake on, the light becomes brighter. So I am guessing it is not an actual parking brake problem.

Does anybody know what it could be? And is it serious?

Reply to
Mike Gordon

I just noticed that when the brake/charging light turn on my daytime running lights turn off, but not my headlights (it they are on).

-Mike

Mike Gord> I have a 2001 Sonata and both the brake and charging light turn on and

Reply to
Mike Gordon

Sounds like alternator or bad engine ground... possible bad battery...but probably not the battery.

Mike Gord> I have a 2001 Sonata and both the brake and charging light turn on and

Reply to
Humanvirus
99% chance you need an alternator.
Reply to