Intermittent Brake Light Warning

Hi
Has anyone else had an intermittent 'Brake Light Failure' msg displayed on their SID only to find that no light was out ? The car is a '97 900XS Talladega.
Any thoughts very welcome.
Steve
"Tim" wrote in message > Hi there,

rain?
Thanks for getting back to me. I was beginning to think it was only our car that acts up. At least now I know I don't need to call an exorcist :)
I'll be sure to let you know if/when I get to the bottom of this Tim - can't say I've noticed the rain factor, but I'll bear that one in mind. It's a strange one...
Best
Steve
Salutations:
Newsonline wrote:

Well - I wonder if this is some variant of the ABS warning light that comes on when your CV ring gets loose/disconnected on the old 9000.. The ABS seems to work fine despite the light - but it has always been an annoyance..
All that said - it could well be something much more serious as stopping is always much more important than going as far as I'm concerned. Standing by for any detail you discover..
--
J Dexter - webmaster - http://www.dexterdyne.org /