Muffler problem

Daughter has a 2000 Lantra which runs well etc etc but rusts out a rear muffler almost annually. Always seems to be water dripping out of exhaust but no fall in radiator water levels or evidence of oil in radiator fluid
( thinking -cracked head).. I,ve put the water dripping down to the short runs she does, exhuast never heats up enough to evaporate it.. The only unusual thing is she always parks nose up, up a steep drive which of course makes any moisture run down to the rear. Any thoughts as to any other causes?. Many thanks John
Sounds about right, John. Exhaust systems actually accumulate quite a lot of condensation under the right (or wrong, as the case may be) conditions.
Of course, part of the problem could be the quality of the muffler you're using. If you're not using a major name brand, you might consider that. The factory mufflers seem to be quite good, but you may pay 3 times what you'd pay for an aftermarket.

Indeed, I put the 'Midas' touch on my Toyota a while back, went through 3 mufflers in as many years due to rustouts. They replaced them with a smile, but what a hassle. Decided to spend the big bucks on a factory replacement and it lasted for several years before I got rid of the car.