New Hyundai Truck?

Page 2 of 2
"" wrote: > Does anyone have any idea if Hyundai plans on selling a small > to > mid-size truck in the US? I think they would do a good job
> filling > that market. Smaller size, 4 doors, clean burning diesel fuel, > and > at least 30 mpg. That is what I want! > > Numan
the reason you dont see diesels state side is not all states will sell them (ca, being the biggest). And oil companies are pushing for bigger cars/trucks so the midsize trucks/suvs/cars are a failing market. small cars are getting smaller, and big cars bigger. midsized isnt a good market.

That is why I wondered if maybe Hyundai would be considering it. Lots of people don't need or want a full sized pickup and a car maker could recognize this and make a bundle.
Numan wrote:

I think you missed the point. If there's no market, no one is going to "make a bundle". It's probable that the market will come back eventually, but mis-timing its return could cost a manufacturer dearly. It's a risky business.

Yes, it is and that is why there are people who specialize in finding out if there is a market. I was just hoping there was and that SOMEONE is doing something about meeting a possible demand.