Peeling chrome

I've got a 2003 Sonata LX will very low miles that I bought new. Recently I noticed that the chrome plating on the interior front door handles (both!) is starting to bubble and peel off. I happened to
notice when a small sliver of plating lodged itself in the index finger of my left hand. Ouch!
I was considering maybe applying some clear fingernail polish to the edges of the plating but I don't think that will work.
Short of pulling both front doors apart and replacing the interior mechanisms has anyone got any ideas how to deal with this?
I suppose I could wear gloves while opening the door but I don't think that'll fly with the wife......
pap
I've had to have all four replaced under warranty. All at different times. After the third one, I asked them to replace the fourth one to save me the trip when it went bad, they refused. six months later I was back to replace it. get in in the shop quick before the warranty expires.
--

"pappy" < snipped-for-privacy@the.home> wrote in message
news:081120071203558288% snipped-for-privacy@the.home...
This is a common problem. If still within the 5/60 warranty period. Take it in for warranty repair. This is actually quite dangerous. I've cut my finger on them.
If it's not under warranty, you can purchase replacement handles from the dealer; they're relatively inexpensive. If you've got a fair amount of paitence, you can replace them without pulling the door panel. The rear mounting screw is a little difficult to get in/out.