power door locks?

does anyone know why my power locks will unlock with the remote but won't lock with it or using the lock button inside the car ?

Broken wire? Bad switch? How about some more information about your car. What year, make, model? History of this problem?
Of course nobody could possibly know why your locks don't work correctly with no information.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Most remote lock systems are disbled when the key is in the ingition. I think they consider it a safety factor for small kids.

Most frequently, the issue is a faulty door lock relay or door unlock relay.
sorry for the lack of info, it's a 2004 2.7 v6 sonata and when I push the lock and unlock on the door switch I can hear the relays clicking on and off both ways. I went on the Hyundai web site and I don't see alot of trouble shooting info. thanks Randy

Given the year and model, it's almost certainly the relay. Usually, the relay contacts burn from arcing, and even though you hear the click, there's no electrical contact.
There's a door unlock and a door lock relay located in the fuse and relay box behind the switch panel on the left side of the dash. They're identical, and the problem could be in either one. I can usually pull the relays out using an angled pair of pliers. Feel on the relays with your fingers to see which ones are clicking when the switch is moved one way or the other. Then pull one out, go to your local dealer and purchase one. Put it in, and recheck the locks. If they still don't work, swap the other lock/unlock relay.
I just did one of these today, so I've some more exact information. The most likely culprit is the door lock relay, second most likely is the unlock relay. When you pull out the switch panel, the lock/unlock relays are the two black ones on the very right. Part# 95225-38300. Start with the one all the way on the right. That's the lock relay.
how do you get at the relays? i see they're behind the fuse block, but it seems hard to get at . is there a trick to getting them out? thanks