power windows, locks, seats do not work

Hello, I have a 2000 Maxima. last week the power windows, locks & driver side power seat adjusters stopped working. I found a blown 40Amp fuse in the fuse box under the hood. I replaced it and it blew right away. Has anyone run into this? I checked all of the fuses under the dash and none of them were blown, nor are they labeled to be for either of the

3 circuits :( It would be nice if there was a fuse for each circuit so I can narrow it down easily.

Is there another fuse for any of these 3 circuits that is not shown on the fuse box diagram? How about connectors for any of these circuits that are not located in the front door panel? I'm thinking I have to remove the front door panel to start disconnecting things, anyone know of any videos out there to show someone how to take the front door panel off?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated !!!!

Joe

Reply to
jl

Here's an update. I disconnected what I think is the plug for the door locks, it was the smaller of the 2 plugs going into the back of the power windows/door lock section. I put a new 40Amp fuse in, put the key in the ignition and right when I put the key in the ignition the fuse blew. I did not have to turn the key to make the fuse blow.

I'm thinking it's the power seat switches since the key does not have to be in the ignition for those to work.

Reply to
jl

remove the drivers seat and look around, there is a good chance the drivers power seat switch harness is shorting out on the seat frame.

I work at a dealership and have seen this problem before.

Reply to
NissTech

I'll give that a shot this weekend and report back. Thanks! Joe

Reply to
jl

What is the trick to removing the driver's seat? The left rear of the seat is secured to the chasis in a way that I cannot see any bolts holding it on.

Reply to
jl

I got the windows and door locks working. I disconnected the 2 plugs under the driver's seat and plugged in the windows and locks plugs again and the fuse did not blow. So the problem is in the power seat section as Nisstech suggested. My problem now is the seat is al the way back and I can not get at the bolt at the left rear of the seat to remove it.

My next move is to plug in one of the plugs under the seat and if the fuse does not blow see if any of the seat adjustments work. I'm hoping the front-back adjustment will work. These friggin fuses are about $4.50 a piece :)

Joe

Reply to
jl

my suggestion is to totally remove the power seat switch from the drivers seat, this will take some doing but it can be done.

once removed the short should be visible, isolate the short and plug the seat adjusting switch back in and move the seat as needed, reinstall the switch after making the needed repairs to the wires and all is well

Reply to
NissTech