Question Hyundaitech 2002 Santa fe 4cyl auto 71000 MI.

My daughters Santa fe stalled and could start.I went to the car (300mi) and it cranked up and drove to dealer (35mi).The car would run as long as you didn't press the accelerator to much.The dealer codes say cam,crank sensors and misfire.The dealer wants to replace the sensors,coils,plug wires and timing belt($1400).The question is if the cam belt lost a tooth would not get the same codes.Thanks

Reply to
junkman2

The cam sensor code can be a direct result of the camshafts being out of time with the crank (possibly due to missing timing belt teeth).

Misfire and crank sensor codes are questionable.

Also be aware that if your engine is out of time, you may have damaged internal engine components.

Reply to
hyundaitech