Stereo in '00 Accent

My '00 Accent has the factory tape deck still and I am looking to replace it with a CD player, though unfortunately the stereo is rounded off. Is it true
I can replace the console with one from a later model so I can install a new stereo?
Yes the 02 accent & 01 accent center console is the same except for the different radio cut out. (I owned both years at one time)
However, You might find it easier to purchase a radio install kit from www.scosche.com.
This is the one I bought for my 01 http://www.scosche.com/v2/scosche_caraudio.aspx?CategoryID=5&ItemID=HY1602B
The bottom pocket snaps off since it is for Sonata instalation as well. They also have the wire harness to match the factory plug. It made my install super easy.
Stu wrote:

Best Buy had no problem installing a CD unit in my son's '00. Perfect fit.