Strange radio noise problem on '04 Santa Fe

Hi everyone!
When driving my 2004 Santa Fe I get a lot of white noise/static on the AM stations. However if I gently press on the brake - only pressing it down a
1/2" or so - a majority of the noise goes away. I'm assuming that when I press the brake pedal even slightly (no braking action) a switch is activating and causes the radio noise to reduce. I only recently started listening to AM so I don't know if this has been this way since buying the car which now has about 34k miles on it. The radio is the stock am/fm 6-cd changer that comes with the Santa Fe
Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? I've seen issues where additional ground straps have been added to engine compartments and problems with plug wires - but not one like this.
Dave
I don't know about the pressing of the brake pedal to reduce the static on the AM band, but I listen to AM regularly for Baseball games and sports talk, and most of the time the static is so bad i just turn it off.
Joel
everyone!<BR><BR>When driving my 2004 Santa Fe I get a lot of white noise/static on the AM <BR>stations.&nbsp; However if I gently press on the brake - only pressing it down a <BR>1/2" or so - a majority of the noise goes away.&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm assuming that when I <BR>press the brake pedal even slightly (no braking action) a switch is <BR>activating and causes the radio noise to reduce.&nbsp; I only recently started <BR>listening to AM so I don't know if this has been this way since buying the <BR>car which now has about 34k miles on it. The radio is the stock am/fm 6-cd <BR>changer that comes with the Santa Fe<BR><BR>Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? I've seen issues where <BR>additional ground straps have been added to engine compartments and problems <BR>with plug wires - but not one like this.<BR><BR>Dave <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
D.Sneed wrote:

In the Elantra, the cruise control causes a lot of AM static. Hitting the brake turns it off, so perhaps that's related.
May be you have a bad ground connection at the base of antenna, try to fix it tighening it, and give a look to the ground wire too.
--
Zotto V6 Sonica driver
http://www.g2kweb.it/gigio2k/gallery.asp?gallery_dir=Upload/salvati/zotto/Zottomobile