Hyundai Santa Fe Transmission Turbine Speed Sensor

my check engine light came on my 2001 Santa Fe. I had the OBD Codes read at Autozone (free is awesome!) Code was P0715, Input turbine speed sensor circuit malfunction. sooo... I want ot replace the sensor, but dont? want to take it to the dealer, cuz they will charge me to read the codes again, which I already know what the problem is, then charge me 2x the labor to replace the sensor. Does anybody know how much a sensor costs, and where it is located?

Reply to
Trod

The sensor is on top of the transmission bolted into the case. It's underneath the bracket which holds the shift cable.

If I recall correctly it's about $65 for the sensor (part only) at my place of employment, but it may be less where you are. We're in the high rent district.

Reply to
hyundaitech