Thinking about getting a Tiburon

Hi. I'm thinking about getting one of these (6 speed) and I was wondering if anybody has had any notable problems I should know about. I would also like to hear any feedback in general, including positive.
Thanks for your time.
Don't bother, they suck

hyundai sucks wrote:

With my tongue planted firmly in my cheek, I'll have to agree. After all, my '97 Tiburon only has 278,000+ miles on it. You would think that for the exorbitant price of $14,000 dollars it should run at least a million miles before a major breakdown. And let's see, I had to replace my alternator at 173,000 miles. Isn't that just terrible? Oh, and I had to drop my transmission to replace the release bearing for the clutch at 235,000 miles. I don't see how such shoddy craftsmanship made it through quality control. I'm trying to remember anything else major that has gone wrong with my sad little car, but, you know what? Nothing has. And, after all those miles, I still get 33mpg on the highway.     No matter what you look at to purchase, there is going to be someone like "hyundai sucks" out there. All I can say is, for every "hyundai sucks" out there, there are 100 of us who can do nothing but sing Hyundai's praises and when time comes to buy a new car, I'll give you one guess which brand I'm going to be looking at first and last, HYUNDAI !!!!!!

I used to laugh a the Hyundai. I guess I was right to do so in 1987, but no longer. Mine is only 4 months old, but I'm as impressed with it as any car I've ever owned and I've owned some much more expensive. Many of the people posting here have owned two, three, or five of them. I may also if it continues to perform as well as it does now.

I can't speak for the 6-speed, since I only have the 4-banger/5-speed... But think of the Energizer Bunny.
In the nearly five years and 120k miles I've owned my 2003 Tiburon, I had the ~60k miles tune/timing belt maintenance, of course. But the only other things that have ever needed attentaion were a shock absorber, a sway bar, the rear brakes, and the rear hatch gas lifts, and all of those were covered under warranty. I guess I've also replaced the occasional head light bulb. But that's it. It just keeps going and going and going...
Based on my Tiburon experience, we have become a Hyundai-only family. My wife drives a Sonata -- and loves it -- and my kids share an Elantra. All of them are great cars, and I doubt I will even look at another brand if/when it's time to replace any of them.
Erik
i love my 03, they are fun to drive and i have had no complaints on the car at all. not to mention if you like to tinker like me, they are fun to customize. :D go test drive one, i think you will like it.
"Osiris88" wrote: > Hi. I'm thinking about getting one of these (6 speed) and I > was > wondering if anybody has had any notable problems I should > know about. > I would also like to hear any feedback in general, including > positive. > Thanks for your time.