thinking about another VW...

I'm looking at the possibility of picking up a 1990 VW Passat.

I'm getting it on the cheap because;

  1. IT is very much not running right.

  1. the electrical system is doing strange things.

The previous owner put about 5k worth of engine and suspension work into the car and is tired of spending money on it.

The fuel system is acting up because some dolt never bolted the fuel injection pump back down.

The electrical system was fine until the car stereo shop put a head unit in the car.

So I'm thinking

  1. pull the radio head, put everything back the way it should be. Then istall the radio _correctly_.

  1. I found a 91-92 passat that got crunched from behind in a junkyard. I'll pull the new fuel system from that...

Any ideas?

or should I back away slowly.

Reply to
Matthew House