Valvoline's additive to ATF?

Went back to Valvoline for a radiator flush and they informed me that they use an additive to their ATF fluid called Platinum by Shift Rite making it compatible with Hyundai's SP111. Any input?

<Dan> wrote in message

Personally, I don't trust any aftermarket additives. What assurance do you have that the pimple faced 18 year old will put any of it in, let alone the proper proportion?
From their web page:
PLATINUM will enhance Dexron/Mercon to perform like a Mercon V fluid as well as any other Highly Friction Modified fluids (such as Honda Premium, Toyota Type T/TII/TIV, Chrysler Mopar ATF+3(7176), +4(9602), etc.).
Shift-Rite PLATINUM helps extend fluid life and performance over all OEM fluids.
I say its still not worth the chance. Remanufactured transmissions arent cheap. How does it perform like all those fluids at the same time? Doesnt seem possible to me.
We have one of those "meets almost every spec." fluids in our shop. Not only will I not let it near any Hyundai, I also wont even use it in my Taurus which takes Dexron. I dont really know what it is, and Im certain it cannot be everything the company claims it is.
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote: > <Dan> wrote in message > > > Went back to Valvoline for a radiator flush and they > informed me that > > they use an additive to their ATF fluid called Platinum by > Shift Rite > > making it compatible with Hyundai's SP111. Any input? > > > Personally, I don't trust any aftermarket additives. What > assurance do you > have that the pimple faced 18 year old will put any of it in, > let alone the > proper proportion? > > From their web page: > > PLATINUM will enhance Dexron/Mercon to perform like a Mercon V > fluid as well > as any other Highly Friction Modified fluids (such as Honda > Premium, Toyota > Type T/TII/TIV, Chrysler Mopar ATF+3(7176), +4(9602), etc.). > > Shift-Rite PLATINUM helps extend fluid life and performance > over all OEM > fluids.
I'm not going to change the ATF fluid myself, looks like I'm off to Hyundai.

Use only Hyundai SPIII or Mitsubishi SPIII - use no other ATF.