MotorMax radiator additive?

Is anyone using this radiator additive? It supposedly increases cooling efficiency. I am interested in peoples expiereice with it.

Thanks!

Reply to
Rich

It certainly increases the efficiency by which fools are separated from their money. It's 2004 and the snake oil business is still going strong....just amazing.

Regards, Al

Reply to
Al Haunts

Reply to
stuart8181

Crude!!!

Reply to
bobV

Get me the MSDS and I will tell you if it works or not (assuming the primary ingredient is not listed as "proprietary").

Reply to
« Paul »

I will try to get these (wish me luck). All I really know is that it contains some of the product "Cold Fire" , which is commonly used by fire departments.

Reply to
Rich

Since "Cold Fire" is considered non-haz, the ingredients are not required to be listed. Speculation: a non-foaming surfactant.

Reply to
« Paul »

Is this something the fire departments use to cut the friction in their hoses? If so, it *used* to be available from Edmund Scientific as their "Anti-Gravity Water" powder. That was a biodegradable powder that could be used in irrigation systems, etc. to cut the pumping power costs.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Rich wrote in article ...

He's probably just as honest as Motor Trend is in their "Car/Truck of the Year" selections.

A couple of decades ago, AutoWeek revealed that the MTC/TOY was simply an advertising contract in which the selected Car/Truck manufacturer guaranteed to buy a certain level of advertising over the upcoming year.

A spokesman for MT admitted this to be true in the AW article.

Sorry if that breaks some bubbles out there......

There are certainly some scalawags in the industry, no doubt, but probably no more or fewer than any other industry.

Like the salesman from Pitney Bowes who insisted to me that I would be buying a $10,000 postage machine for a mere $1,500 if I were to buy a used, five-year-old, rebuilt machine.

No car salesman I know would be foolish enough to tell you that a five-year-old used car is worth its original sales price of $20,000 and that you are getting a bargain by buying a $20,000 car for "only" $3,000.

Bob Paulin - R.A.C.E. Race Car Chassis Setup and Dial-in Services

Reply to
Bob Paulin

I suppose it is a wetting agent (at least these people define it as such):

I am not sure if it was a formulation of the powder you reference. Do you suppose MotorMax is just cold fire?

Reply to
Rich