Egr Monitoring system

Hi there My Wifes 96 Rodeo, runs fine but check rngine light comes on only when the tank goes below 1/2 tank my code reading says it is the egr
moitoring system not completed I have cleaned the egr valve and tube going to the throttle body.. Was not to bad . anyone have any idea what this might be???