reprogramming tire pressure monitoring system

I installed a different set of wheels on my Lincoln aviator, which is equipped with the tire pressure monitoring system. The new wheels are takeoffs from another aviator equipped with TPMS, and the wheeels have the sensors as well. I know there is a procedure for GM vehicles so their TPMS systems can learn the new codes from the new sensors, but it doesn't seem to work on the Lincoln (I figured since they used the same supplier).

Does anyone know the proper procedure to reprogram the TPMS system in a Lincoln Aviator (possibly the same procedure as explorer), to accept the new sensors?

Thanks.

Reply to
Frank

Year??

Training mode takes several steps to enter and a "special" magnet is required for most systems.

Reply to
Jim Warman

It's a 2004, but I'm guessing it should be same procedure as 2003 (the Aviator debuted in 2003).

The special magnet is simply a doughnut shaped magnet, but any strong magnet will do, I understand.

I'm hoping someone out there knows the proper ptocedutre to get into training mode. I can take it from there.

Thanks, Frank

Reply to
Frank

It's a 2004, but I'm guessing it should be the same as the 2003 (aviator debuted in 2003).

The special magnet is simply a doughnut shaped magnet, and I understand any strong magnet will do the trick.

If anyone knows how to get the system into training mode, I can take over from there.

Thanks, Frank

Reply to
Frank

Our tech website is currently down and my laptop is at work.... let me know if you still need and I can get you the training mode sequence...

Reply to
Jim Warman