Fuel leak

Anyone have a fuel leak at the tank on late model Troopers W/3.5? Thanks Ron

Hi, I had a 96 trooper with a 3.2 and originally I thought the leak as at the tank but upon closer discovery, the leak was at the rubber tubing that connected the metal flange to an adjacent mounted fuel filter upon along the top at a distance of approx 6 inches from the fuel tank.
Check there on yours, it can't hurt.
Ernie

Thanks Ernie, About where is the filter?
Ron, If the location on your vehicle is in any manner similar to mine you should have a flashlight and just behind the right rear wheel look up and flash the light at the tubing coming out of the fuel tank and if it is there you will see the filter and a sort of off set hanger that has a band that encircles the filter and flanges. at the connections via the spring type hose clamps is where the leaks occur. And with my experience if the leak isn't corrected earlier enough, damage to the fuel pump that is inside of the tank could become damaged and fail or not pump correctly as I have discovered on at least 2 occasions.
Good luck, Ern

Thanks again Ernie. Will check it Monday. It starts hard now so you are probably right. Ron