Fuel leak

Hi, I have a 95 escort Diesel (non turbo) which has just developed a fuel leak at the base of one fuel injector. I have never touched injectors before,and just wondered if it means a new one, or is there a washer that may need replacing which could be causing the leak.?

Many thanks, paul

Reply to
Paul Jones

It is more likely that the leak is dribbling down from the top, rather than coming from the base, but it is possible that the injector has slackened slightly. There is a special copper washer below the injector, you need a specially designed socket and torque wrench to retighten it, the old washer may be very difficult to remove.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful