Fuel leak

Noticed when getting a slow puncture patched up that my 406 has been leaking petrol.

I did wonder why I'd been doing less than a hundred miles per fifteen quid for the past few weeks.

The peccy had been dripping down slowly from around the fuel tank. The chaps at the local National Tyres let me use their lift to investigate the source. After drying off the tank, I suspected that the filter was the culprit. Got myself a replacement filter, got the car home, put it up on stilts, took the rear wheel off, forced the old filter off (the very devil of a job it was - the clips had siezed solid) and installed the new one. It always puzzles me why the car designers put something like filters in a place that can only be reached by a left-handed dwarf, but it seems so far (fingers crossed) to have done the trick.

I'll give it a couple more days to see if I've got it sorted.

John

Reply to
John Duffey

You would only need a couple of seconds, not days to find out if its rectified. Good luck and Good job, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy.