HELP!!!!

I hope you maybe able to help me. I own a 1994 Amigo 4x4 XS and I love it. 115,000 miles and not a bit of trouble other than a metallic rattle coming from the rear of the engine near the fire wall. It's not
internal to the engine, nor is it the exhaust pipes or shields. I have posted my trouble in many forums on the net. I have learned that many people have a similar sound from the same place. I have checked everything one could get to without taking the engine and transmission out of the SUV. The only thing I see that could be producing the sound are two small .5" to 1" metal pipes just above the transmission case. But they do not touch anything. I'm wondering if you have heard of such a problem or maybe someone here. Any information you could provide me would be great.
Regards

IIRC those metal pipes are part of the EGR, does one end of them attach to the exhaust and the other somewhere in the intake/throttle body? if the EGR valve is bent or loose inside that could make the noise as it shakes and rattles from the exhaust gas passing through banging it on the side of the valve case.
just a thought.
rhys

That thought never crossed my mind I will take outh the EGR and see what is up there. I don't think it is that because the ECR would send off all sorts of dash lights. Hummm... conna check though.
Have you tried 4x4wire? Here is the link to the isuzu forums. http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?Cat=&C  The guys on this board know what they are talking about and have helped me several times and are quick at replying.

Don't know if this helps or not, but I had the same metallic rattle in my 98 Rodeo. Turns out it was the left rear hood hinge. Had to replace it.