HELP 1994 Nissan Quest overdrive not working?

HELP 1994 Quest overdrive not working?

My overdrive doesn't work anymore... Does someone has an idea or a 'bypass' I can do? I remember having an old Volvo with a switch taped to the stick shift to activate the overdrive (wich was electrically activated)

Thanks

T-chop

Reply to
TCHOP

There is no override. It could be caused by a few things, but a fairly common problem is the temp sensor in the trans. It won't shift into OD when cold. When the sensor fails the controller thinks it's always cold.

Reply to
JimV