idle

My 1999 Trooper 3.5 with a/t has starting to hunt in neutral. It has 47,000 miles. Any ideas? Ron

How often have you changed the transmission fluid and filter? Not sure what you mean about hunting in neutral. If you put it in neutral then you shouldn't be going anywhere and the tranny certainly shouldn't be trying to shift.
Ron wrote:

When I take it out of drive into park it hunts,rolls once or twice,before it evens out to a smooth idle.
My 01 trooper did this a year or so ago, it was the throttle positioning switch.