starting and fuel smells

I have a "93 trooper seems to have slow starting problems, turns over great when warm but seems to hesitate when cold and warm whats the problem.
can smell fuel on ignition and a chirpping sound during aceleration..
1shot wrote:

plugs, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, throttleplate, egr valve
check and replace as needed, my money is on the fuel pressure regulator