2003 X-Type Gas Cap

Has anyone in this group had a problem with the remote release of the gas cap on a 2003 or other year X-Type? Yesterday my wife had to hold the lever up while I used a screwdriver to open the fuel filler door. Last time I saw this was in a '93 Tempo. BTW this is a US car. Paul

Reply to
taltos

I had this problem with my '02 X-Type 2.5 Sport. (I now have an '04 X-Type

3.0 Sport.)

I found that I could open the door by myself by wedging something under the lever.

You should bring this to your dealer. The leaf spring at the filler door is bent. They will rebend or replace the spring. When I fill up now, I am careful not to bend the spring.

Geoffrey H. Goldberg Pittsburgh

Reply to
Geoffrey H. Goldberg