Can I get heavy duty U-joints?

I remember someone mentioning something about heavy duty U-joints. My 76 CJ-7 trashed a rear axle U-joint after a couple hard jaunts through the swamp. Any advice on getting a stronger U-joint that I can still grease without having to remove it from the driveline? (I can't get a grease gun on the fitting) o_o_o_o Best Regards, /| ,[_____], Jim, WP3JQ |¯¯¯L --O|||||||O- ()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯¯¯ )_) EM60qk 30.447439N 086.628959W

Reply to
Drink

L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
Drink

Thanks Bill. I changed more than a couple of U-joints and was pretty twisted when I couldn't grease these. Haha! I'm batting 0% this week! Sheesh. The carb's pissin' me off, the little gear in the ignition switch snapped in the cold, crushed U-joint. What could go wrong now? No, wait. I could crawl under there and find out that it's a premature failure of the pinion bearing:(

BTW, isn't this a pretty weird statement for a grease gun?!: "WARNING: Never point nozzles, adapters or couplers at any part of the body or another person!" They tell me that for every warning, there's an idiot with a grease gun...

Reply to
Drink

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Geeze Bill, Only 2 arms? They sure messed up. They could'a had a nurse behind you giving you one in the @ss.

:-)

Reply to
William Oliveri

Damn, you're still a kid Bill! How did you learn so much about jeeps in such a short lifespan. Were you in Korea or Vietnam Bill?

Wblane

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)