Flush Mount Tail Lights

Howard Brand sent me a set of tail lights from his TJ that I have mounted on my CJ5. I flush mounted them, and they look great. As a bonus, they work too. (I trust you have received my check by now.)

I borrowed a jig saw from a neighbor to avoid having to buy one. I burned his up, and had to buy two. I hate when that happens.

Before I got them wired up correctly, I found that while in Reverse, and the light switch on, the power to the ignition system was hot. I started the motor at one point, and it would not turn off until I shifted out of R, or turned the lights off. I was freaking out because of this, but then realized I had no ground circuit to the tail lights. After providing the ground, the problems went away and everything works properly. I have a set of tractor lights for back up lights when offroading, and without the ground, I think I must have been putting voltage through the relays and setting up the ignition circuit.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland