Tail Lights Dont Work !!!

I have a 1991 Camry and the tail lights do not work at all.... brake lights work fine and all other lights except the tail lights.... I checked all the Fuses and they are all Fine....I replaced all the tail lights too. Does anyone know of somthing else that is causing this problem. ????

Reply to
Captain Crane

Wiring harness at the trunk hinge? (continual flexing can cause difficulties there)

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus
18:30 Las Vegas Time I fixed the problem... I found in the back of the trunk a Tail Lights Warning box... I opened up the box and there was a computerized board.... I found a Cold solder joint on the Board and the Tail Lights work fine now... Oh thanks for telling me to check the cable harness in the trunk i did check that first but then i started to feel around in the back and i found the tail light control box.... IM HAPPY !!!! Let go out and Gamble !!!!!! Brian , Las Vegas , NV
Reply to
Captain Crane

Remove the tail light bulbs and have a look at the contacts inside the sockets. Perhaps they need to be polished with a pencil eraser.

Set up a mirror so that you can watch a tail light from the driver's seat. With the engine running, turn on the lights and see if you detect a flicker in the tail light. (The problem could be in the light switch or relay.)

There is probably a relay that powers the tail lights. Check that it is firmly plugged in.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston