Help With Bushing Kit - 89 Jeep Cherokee LTD

Hi:

Hoping that someone can help with this:

I'm considering replacing all of my suspension bushings with nylon (is that right) replacements to try to tighten up the ride a bit. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced online source for a bushing kit? Can you recommend a particular kit? Would it be difficult for a reasonably experience home mechanic to install the various bits? Any other recommendations on suspension parts to replace in order to tighten things up a bit (sorry if that's a wide open question).

Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
NT

NT did pass the time by typing:

Your looking at a lot of work.

Personally I use Energy Suspension parts. The fit is spot on and the kits are complete.

If I were you, I'd start with the antisway bar and track bar bushings.

Reply to
DougW

Any major squeaks from the poly bushings?

-- Taylor

'03 Audi S6 Avant '05 Mazda6 Wagon GT '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Reply to
Just Taylor

The urethane bushings will not squeak if they are assembled properly. I have used them on a few vehicles, and there are 2 key things that need to be done. First, all of the parts that touch the bushing need to be free of dirt and any gritty substances when they are assembled, and second, they need to be lubricated with the proper grease. Use the lubricant that the bushing manufacturer recommends.

Chris

Like Chris says, you just have to make sure the old parts are nice and clean, then use the included lube. I've been running poly on the ZJ for almost eight years.

Reply to
DougW

Hi Doug:

Thanks for your note.

Have you got a link to an online source that you can provide? Let me know. Thanks.

Reply to
NT

NT did pass the time by typing:

- I use them because they are local might be cheaper out there though.
- online catalog, no prices, not much actually
- another catalog with prices

Reply to
DougW