OT Memorial Day

Saw this on the RV newsgroup. Its poignant. Have a great Memorial Day. Rich

Richard Harris

L.W.(ßill)

I found the above site both interesting and informative, but I am slightly confused. What exactly is the picture on the front page (of the above link) a picture of?

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Reply to
Jim85CJ

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Um... the BIG letters dont give any details. are they statues, or is it some kind of re creation posed for a publicity shot? the next-to-nearest figure looks t be wearing a ski on his right foot. or is it just a trick of the camera angle. etc. etc

Reply to
Mike

I was trying to save myself from c9Puc.1579$uQ3.31@newsfe4-gui, but wouldn't let me go...

Is it so hard to follow a couple a links?

Reply to
Joseph P

"Mike" snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com

Mike,

That's one of the scenes in the Korean War Memorial on the Mall in Washington, D.C. It's just a few yards from the Vietnam War Memorial and is a series of life-size sculptures, each of which is a "scene" depicting combat during the Korean War. This one is of a squad of infantry deployed on patrol. They're dressed in wet/cold weather gear. Another one I remember is of Army nurses tending to combat wounded. There are other scenes, but I can't remember how many or what specifically they are about. I was there about six years ago, had just placed decorations for some buddies at the Vietnam Memorial, and was still a little choked-up when I went through the one for Korea.

Scotty '99 TJ Sahara 4.0L I-6 '99 XJ Sport 4.0L I-6 '03 BMW Z4

*** WARNING: Do not remove this line under penalty of law ***
Reply to
Scotty

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)