will it leak?

Since I can't afford to get my tcase rebuilt right now, if I took out the front driveshaft to stop the tcase from spinning, would all the juice leak out of the front pumpkin or the tcase? I can't shift into

4WD and I believe the chain is so stretched, it's dragging against the casing of the tcase.

Any clues? It's a '97 TJ with 96,000 miles and no big mods. Thanks.

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

No, it shouldn't leak. I have a '99 XJ and I think our drivetrains are essentially the same. When I had a similar chain dragging problem, I removed my front driveshaft and I've had no problems whatsoever with that. I've put about 4000 miles on it since removal, mostly Interstate driving.

I think my tcase problem is a little more than just a stretched chain and I haven't been able to find a shop to rebuild it. They've all told me to go find another tcase and they'll swap it out for me. I plan to do that but I'm in no rush Been gettin' along just fine so far in 2wd. HeBeJeepN '99 XJ Sport, Selec-Trac, Trac-Lok

Reply to
HeBeJeepN