110 shock absorber top bushes

Has anyone any tips for pressing the new bushes into the top damper eye?

Current plan is to draw them through with a long bolt and washer with brake fluid as the lubricant.

AJH

Reply to
sylva

I used a vice and soapy water. Unlike brake fluid it does not take the paint off the shock absorber. I have never had much trouble with them, although they are a bit of a pain compared to the two piece ones. JD

Reply to
JD

Thanks JD, paint not a problem as it's long gone. The vice wasn't an option as I didn't want to take the shocks right off, I had to cut the lip off the old bushes to prise them out. I used a long 1/4" bolt with flat washers and mazola as lubricant in the end. As you say not as bad as it looks but it is important to keep everything square as you tighten the bolt.

I gave up on the first one to go and have a cuppa, when I came back it had popped itself in under the bolt compression.

AJH

Reply to
sylva