350 chevy V8

Evening all, have got an old Chevy Blazer and was wondering how possible it would be to put the 350 V8 and auto in to my 88" Range Rover with Land Rover body on? I have seen just the engines fitted so why not the auto as well or is there something I am missing !!!

Rich

Reply to
Rich

I put a 350 Chevy into my old racer - great engines....

It was no more complicated or difficult than ftting any other engine that isn't supposed to fit!! Doing auto is a good idea - keep the Blazer transfer aswell if you want or mate the engine to a RR auto box and transfer which keeps all the propshaft standard etc.

Good Luck

David LLAMA 4x4

Reply to
David_LLAMA4x4

As the engines are all steel would it be a good idea to drag it as far back as possible will the power steering box on the Range rover be ok being fed by the Chevy pump?

Rich

Reply to
Rich

For trialling I would leave it up front - if you want a better balance for comping or road use then I suggest moving it back might help.... AFAIK the power steering will all work together - any concerns graft the RR pump to the Chevy block.....

David LLAMA 4x4

Reply to
David_LLAMA4x4

Ok thanks will give it a go