Disco 300 Alarm Problems :(

Hi all,

I've searched the web, the archives, and even looked in my Haynes manual as a last resort "should the alarm develop a fault it should be taken to a Land Rover dealer for examination" Hmmm.

A friend tried to start the Disco with my spare keys/keyfob which had not been set up (or 'aligned?' with the alarm), so used the key to open the door, then could not start the engine.

After a bit of messing around with my usual keys/keyfob, everything seemed to be sorted, with things working normally again.

Yesterday, I returned to the car to find the remote keyfob did not work, the alarm had not set, and the central locking was dead. The engine started OK though.

I've tried both methods of resetting the alarm - ignition, door locks, bonnet, ignition - and entering the 4 digit keyfob code via the ignition, door. However, I still can't get the central locking to work or the alarm to arm.

Any advice?

Cheers, Richie

Reply to
Richie