News server?

Can anyone recommend a good non-binary news server? BT is missing so many posts these days that reading this group is a bit like reading abook with half the pages missing.

I was with news.cis.cfn.de (or whatever it was called) and very happy with their excellent service for ages until my login suddenly failed permanently. I understand that this server is now called news.individual.net. I've tried to register with them three times in then last couple of months, but they never reply.

Any suggestions? Preferably free - I'm not interested in those $$$-per-month, all-you-can-eat, no-one will ever know where you've been services. At least, not for my Land Rover interests :-)

TVMIA

Reply to
Richard Brookman

new.individual.net is your friend. No binaries, but free & intsant. You have to apply, but they are bpretty quick!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

__

Reply to
Nige

Why didn't I read that post properly??

I am a silly boy, but they are the best.

Try register in your wifes name etc as I had the same.

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Your old news.cis.cfn.de login should work with news.individual.net, all I had to do to change over was to alter the name of the server. Are you sure that the e-mail address you used to register with news.cis.cfn.de is still valid?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I used to use *racks memory* news.cis.de but I shift so much binary material I don't bother anymore.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Should have read the original post properly really......

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Collective coats???????????????

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

__

Reply to
Nige

are you fingers working faster than your eyes today then you two? :-)

Reply to
Tom Woods

What, same wife?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I'm getting annoyed with it too......

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Quite agree, we all had to only change the name of the server some while ago to stay able to use their services so provided you still know all the original login details you should still be Ok.

Probably teaching my grandmother to suck eggs but Using IE6 go to Tools then Accounts, news tag, then highlight cis.de then properties and simply change the server to News.Individual.net

Reply to
Bob Hobden

I reckon so!

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

__

Reply to
Nige

as usual it's the brain that is the weak link.....

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

So Alex was, like

Oi!

Reply to
Richard Brookman

So Nige was, like

Thanks - I'll try that.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I had forgotten my login credentials, after years of using it and suddenly having to install a new news reader; just emailed them and got a reply within one or two days.

regards - Ralph

Reply to
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS

So Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS was, like

I tried them again giving the same name as before but a different (but genuine) email address and this time got an auto response - that's more than I've had before. Perhaps their system won't allow multiple applications from the same address. Now waiting for the human being part of the equation to send me the login details. Good thinking, Nige.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

So Nige was, like

Result! Thanks Nige. All posts present and correct, and threaded correctly. Unlike BT, where half were missing and others were allocated to threads seemingly at random.

Solution was to re-register with different email address. Happy bunny, Cheers.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Result!

Nice one

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"If you tolerate this then your children will be next"

Reply to
Nige