Wind Noise RX 330

We have a new 05 RX330. I notice there is a lot of wind noise from 55 mph on up, particularly on the freeway. Dealer says this is normal, and it probably is.

Anyone else notice this "problem" and if so, how did you reduce the wind noise?

Reply to
LIW

are the windows, doors, and moonroof shut completely?

are the roof rack crossbars in their proper locations? (one should be all the way back, the other should be all the way forward, both locked into their alignment holes on both sides.

right off the bat, this is the first thing i can think of. we haven't had any wind noise complaints so far.

Reply to
MudPuppy76

Speaking of roof rack crossbars on the newer RX330s, is there any way to REMOVE those things? I don't mind leaving the longitudinal ones in place.

Its not like I will ever carry anything up there (that's why I got an SUV, so I don't have to carry stuff on the roof.

I had a Toyota Camry wagon with roof rack. I removed the cross bars and it was not only noticably quieter but faster on the highway as well.

BM :)

Reply to
Arghon Arghowijctz

Reply to
cnynctry

ya know, if your dealer is any good, you can just ask them to remove the cross bars. i haven't done it myself, but i'm sure it'd take less than 10 minutes.

Reply to
MudPuppy76

There is a problems with the windows and the dealers are aware of the problem and can fix it. One fix is replacing the weather strip. That may or may not work. The other fix is taking the door apart and adjusting some tabe inside the door. Others have reported that the adjusting will fix the wind noise problem.

cnynctry

This is Turtle.

Other have given some good replys but a wind noise is a air leak or you have a 3 ton Oscar Myer Wenner Whisle on your roof rack. This could be the case or a air leak.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE