ABS Light - Honda Accord

I've a problem with the ABS light permanently on (N reg Honda Accord). I've seen various posts including to check all the rear lights as some failed bulbs are alleged to cause the light to be on. (Although not too familiar with it, I know how some functions can be "commoned up" these days.)

But I just want to establish the FAULT FINDING STEPS that I should take.

I have looked at the front ABS sensors and there isn't a broken sensor activation ring (like I saw once in Car Mechanics mag.) but I'm wondering if the next step should be to get a sensor from a scrapyard or find what fault code reader this car needs?

Any advice most welcome.

M.

Reply to
trickymicky

If you unplug the connector for the ABS sensor and put a voltmeter across the pins (on the sensor side) then spin the wheel, typically you should see a voltage generated between 1.5-2.5V any less than this typically indicates a duff sensor.

Reply to
Conor

Many thanks, Conor

I've solved the problem by buying another almost identical car, 2 years newer, with a year's MOT & (so far) nothing wrong other than a few scratches. Cost =A31,000 but I am busy (or "time-poor" as I call it) and so it will allow me to compare the two at some point over the next 3 days.

A village garage mechanic has told me that the sensors can be checked with a meter on ohms and anything above 1400 is probably u/s. However, I will try both as actually generating a voltage sounds a better check to me.

Thanks,

M.

Reply to
trickymicky