Citroen Xantia Hieght Correction

Does anyone know how you can reset the hieght of a Xantia at all as now the Front Hieght corrector has been replaced the car is still riding high at the front and rear compared to our 1.9td this 2.1td is an extra 2" higher if not more all round :o( I loked in the Haynes but it just says to take it to a dealer :o(

Also does anyone have any idea how hard it is to remove the injectors to have them cleaned and tested as well??

Thanks, Will

Reply to
Will Morrow

The actual adjustment of the height correctors is easy a 11mm socket and a screw driver does it Today I did our newly aquired Xantia on a ramp took all of 5 minutes.... BUT...... unless you have access to a four poster ramp or a pit, do not even attempt it....If the suspension was to drop while underneath it you will come out worst...

As for the Injectors a dose of Forte diesel injector cleaner can work wonders, If the car runs well without too much smoke leave well alone!

Des

Reply to
Des

Thats cool :o)

What bits do i adjust? is it how it clamps onto the anti roll bar or something else??

Reply to
Will Morrow

*DO NOT DO THIS WHILE LYING UNDERNEATH CAR* if the suspension drops, it will kill you *!

You slacken (not too much) the clamp that links (via plastic clip) to the height corrector and using heavy screw driver or similar tool move the clamp to get the suspension the correct height. just a wee bit at a time, it takes the suspension a couple of seconds to react to each adjustment.

Reply to
Des

Which makes the adjustment less critical, as you're not so picky.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Cheers guys :o)

Ill be putting the wheels up on blocks of wood and then having axle stands all round while i do this so she should at minimum hieght give me about 12" to work under if she falls :o)

Though first of all ill be trying it using the drive on ramps i have as they give about the same hieght space as well or maybe a few inches more :o)

Thanks, Will

Reply to
Will Morrow