Unable to open bonnet

My J reg Escort bonnet release lever won't trip the latch-no tension o
it. I've tried to get at the manual release through the very narrow ga
with screw drivers and various instruments to no avail. Any ideas on this one would be greatly appreciated
-- BONNET
Can you get to the cable that connects the release lever and the bonnet lock? Try to disconnect at the lever end and pull it using a set of pliers to release it.
BONNET wrote:

It's a J-reg Escort. Just use a crowbar.
(Usually you can gain access from under the car; in front of the radiator is a good start. I mean for undoing it properly - obviously the crowbar can be used from any convenient angle).
Richard
--
RichardK - http://www.dmc12.demon.co.uk/ - retro, music, cars.
2006 Mazda RX8, 1992 Sera Phase III -= Do Not Tempt With New Cars =-