Unable to open bonnet

My J reg Escort bonnet release lever won't trip the latch-no tension o

it. I've tried to get at the manual release through the very narrow ga with screw drivers and various instruments to no avail. Any ideas on this one would be greatly appreciated

-- BONNET

Reply to
BONNET

Can you get to the cable that connects the release lever and the bonnet lock? Try to disconnect at the lever end and pull it using a set of pliers to release it.

Reply to
CK

It's a J-reg Escort. Just use a crowbar.

(Usually you can gain access from under the car; in front of the radiator is a good start. I mean for undoing it properly - obviously the crowbar can be used from any convenient angle).

Richard

Reply to
RichardK