Clutch problem

Right, work collegue of mine has a Citroen Xsara VTR ('98/'99 model).

The clutch feels a bit heavy, if you press it to the floor there is a force pushing it back up that lessens when it's halfway up (lessens to the normal force you'd expect). There doesn't seem any resistance when pushing the pedal down, just that it comes up the 1st half of the travel with more force than normal - making it difficult to be smooth with the clutch when pulling away.

The above happened with the engine off, although it does it with the engine on also. Apparently the clutch doesn't slip or anything.

I haven't really any experience with clutches myself so I've no idea what could be wrong.

Is this a common clutch problem thing or is it something more unusual?

TIA.

Reply to
Johnny