Mondeo Mk1 1.8 LX 1995 Oil Pressure Light

The oil pressure light is not working at all on this

What is the most common cause switch or bulb?

Reply to
SimonW

very rarely the bulb. find the switch, pull the lead and earth it, if the light works you know it is the switch, otherwise it is wiring or bulb.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks, hopefully will get around to checking it out today. I have heard it's a bit of a pig to get to.

Reply to
SimonW

Now oddly enough, the light on my 2.0 Mondeo failed after an oil change. They tried the trick of shorting the lead to earth, and then nothing.

Now the temperature is dropping again, the switch is working.

I think it's a little bit loose in the dash, and when it cools, it makes contact.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

more likely the contacts in the switch are smothered in oil because the switch has started to leak.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

No, the switch was fine, the garage inspected it in front of me.

It's definitely linked to the weather, and something upstream of the switch.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

Tested it yesterday and earthed the lead and the light came on. Going to get it changed this w/e

Reply to
SimonW

Thanks for the TIPS.

Changed switch, ok now.