Discs

Where is the best place to buy break disc's from online? I'm also looking a price for new rear drums - for a Nissan Serena

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Martin

Reply to
Marty1a

Why online - best way is to pop into your local halfords or motor factors, preferably with one of the discs to hand to compare with the replacement ones.

These things are heavy = big postage bills, especially if it's the wrong bit and you have to send it back.

Reply to
R. Murphy

Very true just really want a quick price to be honest - Will ring the local lace tomorrow and see what they can do.

Thanks Martin

Reply to
Marty1a

Try

You'll beat the prices locally, but it'll give you a ballpark figure

If you can't spell it, can you fit it?

-:) DaveK.

Reply to
DaveK

Yeah, agree with all that, apart from the bit that says 'Halfords' (who once sold me a. the wrong discs then b. the right ones, only pre-warped for that exciting vibration effect when braking). Phone around.

Reply to
Nick Dobb

Dave to many drinks in me to worry about the spelling of Breaks to Brakes lol - had a bad day yesterday!

Martin

Reply to
Marty1a

The message from Nick Dobb contains these words:

Well, Max Power readers can have fake turbo noises...you can have fake ABS judder.

Reply to
Guy King

Partco were really cheap compared to Alfords for VW bits....

Reply to
biscuit

I've compared these prices to prices for my wife's old car (Polo 1.0 discs replaced a couple of years ago), and for quotes on mine (Cavalier 1.8).

Assuming the parts are the correct ones, and the quoted prices include VAT , need-for-speed does work out cheaper based on the EBC prices (and no, I did not go for genuine VW or VX parts!)

Reply to
R. Murphy

What area are you?

Too many to worry about the spelling of "too" too.

-- James

Reply to
James