Good place to buy wheels/tires online?

Thanks for any pointers.

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

I bought mine (for my XJ) at

popular site is
Some local stores will work with you if you bring in a internet quote (they might not match it, but they'll try, other places will just basically tell you to F-off). Keep in mind when buying over the internet, you likely won't pay sales tax (you are still technically responsible for paying it though), but shipping costs can eat into any savings. I always try to give the local tire (or any other type) shops my business. But sometimes you can save too much to make it feasible. I think I saved enough on my online tire purchase that I basically got 1 tire free.

I did buy my CJ tires locally though.

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

or a place somewhat near to you:
Galloways is worth the trip, huge bone-yard full of Jeeps, hundreds of new and used tires in stock. If you have never been there, you need to go!

-- JimG

80' CJ-7, 258 CID 35" BFG MT's on 15x10 Centerlines 4.56 D30-D44 SOA D300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn 8000i w/dual batteries LockRight F&R

Reply to
JimG

I priced a set of Bridgestones on tirerack and took it to NTB. They matched it + $15. Basically a wash after shipping. Free mounting erased the taxes.

Ron

Reply to
Ron