Mondeo charging light problem

Hi,

The battery charging light on my 98 Mondeo Turbo Diesel flickers on when the engine revs reach 3000rpm. Can anyone give me any clues why and what I need to do to solve the problem.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Day

Change the alternator brushes. Assuming theirs no other problems?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

I had this on a customers car, exactly the same symptoms and vehicle, recently, the answer was a complete recon alternator, my rebuild man (who will just test and fit only the parts needed, usually) said that they are a very troublesome unit and the only cure is a complete rebuild. He charged me about 40 quid. Changing it was a bit of a sod though, as the main power lead was welded solid onto the sort of extension pillar on the back, I had to use a dremel to cut the nut off .

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful