'02 Mondeo ST220 "Moosing" problem

Does anyone know how to solve the problem with my mondeo which makes a thrumming/roaring noise ( Ford call it Moosing). I understand it is due to a particular resonance in the air intake plenums.

I know Ford have resolved this in older models of the mondeo by replacing the old pipe with a modified pipe, but I have been told that this is pipe is no longer available and there is no solution for new models.

Can anyone suggest how this can be sorted it out by telling me what parts to order or any modifications that can be done ?

Mark Fitz

Cant say I know specifically but most people like a roaring intake noise from a powerful car lol. Im sure theres an online forum for ST220s somewhere, have a google.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Go to

They have a good forum with lots of helpful people.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

Lots of discussion on this on

if you do a search on their forum

Reply to
DougP

The moosing noise is more of a loud honk rather than a roar ....

Reply to
DougP