OBD Protocol

Does anyone know what OBD Protocol is used on 2004 Focus TDCi ?

Thanks

Reply to
Alt Beer

OBD-II, I'd imagine. If not, Tim will be along to correct me.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

E-OBD II?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

OBD-II but which flavour?

J1850 PWM or J1850 VPW or ISO9141/14230 or ISO15765 CAN

Thanks

Reply to
Alt Beer

This any help?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Thanks for the link but I am even more confused now. It states that Ford have used ISO15765 CAN since 2004 and shows that the connector uses pins 6 and 14 for this protocol. The connector on my 2004 Focus TDCi doesn't have pins 6 or 14 present. From the pins present mine could be either J1850 PWM or J1850 VPW and possible ISO9141/14230 but not ISO15765 CAN. May be better to use a reader capable of recognising multi protocols, but they are more expensive. Has anyone in the south London, north Surrey or north west Kent area got a reader who could read my error codes for me?

Thanks

Reply to
Alt Beer

The Mk1 Focus does not use the CAN protocol, anyway.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts