probably a dumb question

I'm working on the rear brakes on my Merc 280e auto. How do I get to turn the wheel by hand? I've tried neutral but it doesn't seem to go far before running into very solid (gear-like) resistance.

tia

Ants

Reply to
antony.adshead

Not had much experience with mercs, but autos should turn easily provided they're in neutral. Have you got both back wheels jacked up? Provided it's just got a normal diff, they should both spin fairly easily, regardless off if the gearbox is locked or not.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

snipped-for-privacy@rbi.co.uk wrote in news:1108991517.782431.293160 @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Jack the other side up as well, might be the diff locking up?

Will

Reply to
Will