Recommendation for care of Vauxhall plastic bits

I have a 4 year old Zafira and it is beginning to show signs of the common Vauxhall fading on the exterior plastic parts (which are dark grey), mainly the all round rubbing strip. Towards the back it has even started to develop a sort of mackerel striped effect. My previous Sierra always responded to a coat of Autoglym bumper care, but on the Zafira it looks OK for a few days, and then starts to look faded again. I've noticed that a lot, but not all, of Vauxhalls tend to suffer from this, so either Vauxhall use different types of plastic or there is some way to restore the finish.

Any suggestions for products/approaches to deal with this problem, preferably from Vauxhall owners who have actually solved it?

TIA

Biggles (Remove packaging. from e-mail address before replying)

Reply to
Biggles

Simoniz do a paste for black bumpers, it is actually coloured black rather than clear (like Back to Black), I used it on dark grey trim to good effect.

Reply to
PM

Erm, use "Zebo"?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The message from Chris Bacon contains these words:

My dad did that in the late twenties in an effort to avoid polishing his shoes for school. Didn't work - just looked sort of metallic.

Reply to
Guy King

Thanks for that advice - I went looking today, couldn't find any Simoniz paste but found some similar Turtle Wax stuff. Haven't used it yet, but beforing buying it I stuck my finger in the bottle to see if it was black or clear stuff, and it took ages to wash it off, so I think I'm on to a winner!

Biggles Removing packaging before e-mailing me

Reply to
Biggles